Patrick and I used the Oregon Brewers Fest as an occasion to consider the kinds of beers people are making these days in the latest podcast, and also to offer a few beers that caught our fancy. Here’s the Soundcloud version, but the Beervana Podcast is also available on iTunes and Google Play.
As promised, here are our personal choices:
- Anchor Mango Wheat
- Bent Paddle Venture Pilsner
- Breakside Pomegranate Gose
- Culmination Deutschland Down Under
- Ex Novo All of the Things
- Fort George Dirty Snowball
- Iwate Kura Japanese Herb Ale Sancho
- Ninkasi Grapefruit Sour
- pFriem Mango Sour
- Pints Lemon Curd ESB
- Buoy Dragon-Fruit Berliner Weisse
- Burnside Cedar IPA
- Gigantic Le Petit Bâtard Abeille
- Jinga Koji Red Ale
- No-Li Big Juicy
- Oersoep Schnappi
- August Schell Hefeweizen
- Shiga Kogen Isseki Sancho
- Van Mollen Luikse Vechter
And for the daredevils, we encourage you to give Zoiglhaus’ Birra Pazza al Pesto a whirl.
Also, my extended list included these: 54-40 Ultra Pilsner, Bayern Citra Maibbock, Deschutes Sagefright, Drake’s Foraging Raccoon, Pelican Chongie Saaz, Three Creeks Berry Porter, and Upright Wit. Hey, that’s only a quarter of them!